Transform Your Oral Health with Periodontal Therapy
Periodontal disease is a common dental condition that affects many people worldwide. If left untreated, it can lead to serious dental problems and even tooth loss. However, with proper treatment and care, periodontal disease can be managed and prevented.
What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal disease is a condition that affects the gums and other supporting tissues of the teeth. It’s caused by the buildup of bacteria and plaque on the teeth, which can lead to inflammation and infection of the gums.
Over time, periodontitis can lead to the destruction of the bone and tissue that support the teeth, causing teeth to become loose and eventually fall out. It’s crucial to treat periodontal disease as early as possible to prevent further damage to the teeth and gums.
Signs of Periodontal Disease
Some signs of periodontal disease include:
- Red, swollen, or tender gums
- Bleeding gums
- Bad breath
- Receding gums
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Pus between the teeth and gums
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, schedule an appointment with our affordable dentist in Charlotte, NC, to get an evaluation and discuss treatment options. Early intervention is key to preventing further damage to your teeth and gums.
Benefits of Periodontal Therapy
Some benefits of periodontal therapy include:
- Improved Oral Health: Periodontal therapy can help prevent further damage to the teeth and gums, reducing the risk of tooth loss and other oral health issues.
- Reduced Risk of Gum Disease-Related Issues: By treating periodontal disease, periodontal therapy can also reduce the risk of health issues linked to gum diseases, such as heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- Fresher Breath and Brighter Smile: By removing bacteria and plaque from the teeth and gums, periodontal therapy can help improve the overall appearance of the teeth and freshen the breath.
- Improved Overall Health: Periodontal therapy can have a positive impact on your overall health by reducing inflammation and infection in the gums and teeth.
How Periodontal Therapy Works
At Capstone Dental, our Charlotte, NC, dentist combines deep cleaning techniques with a soft-tissue laser to achieve optimal results. Our dental professionals use specialized tools to remove bacteria and plaque from the teeth and gums. By removing this buildup, we can help prevent further damage to the gums and teeth, reducing the risk of tooth loss and other oral health issues.
In addition to deep cleaning, we often recommend Arestin, a topical antibiotic that stays in the pockets of your gums for up to 21 days of continuous healing. Arestin is a particularly effective way to eliminate bacteria from the gums and promote healing after periodontal therapy.
The soft-tissue laser is another crucial part of our periodontal therapy treatment. By using a laser to remove diseased gum tissue, we can achieve excellent results without surgery. The laser can selectively remove damaged tissue while leaving healthy tissue intact, promoting healing and reducing discomfort during and after the procedure.
Who is a Good Candidate for Periodontal Therapy?
Anyone who has signs of periodontal disease is a good candidate for periodontal therapy. Some signs of periodontal disease include bleeding gums, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums. It’s critical to seek treatment as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the gums and teeth.