Fix Your Smile and Replace Missing Teeth
Denture appliances are customized prosthetics that find support from your gums, jawbone, and surrounding teeth. These solutions to replacing missing teeth play a pivotal role in reviving your smile’s functionality, health, and natural appearance.
Whether you’re missing a few teeth or an entire arch, Dr. Steven Yang, our dentist in Charlotte, NC, has affordable denture options designed to meet your specific oral health needs, providing both removable and fixed dentures. Call Capstone Dental to learn more by calling 980-202-5696.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures, also known as dental prosthetics, are customized appliances designed to restore oral health and natural aesthetics in individuals with missing teeth. These prosthetics find support from your gums, jawbone, and surrounding teeth, offering a solution to the functional and aesthetic challenges posed by tooth loss.
At Capstone Dental in Charlotte, NC, Dr. Steven Yang specializes in providing tailored denture solutions to meet your needs.
Types of Dentures
Partial Dentures: Targeted Restoration
Ideal for those missing adjacent natural teeth, removable partial dentures utilize strategically placed hooks and dental prosthetics for a comfortable fit. This not only restores the missing teeth but also prevents the remaining teeth from shifting.
Full Dentures: Complete Arch Solutions
Commonly referred to as complete dentures, this option comprises full arches of prosthetic teeth. Whether for the upper or lower arches, or both, full artificial teeth dentures offer a convenient and affordable dental solution. Custom-fitted for stability and comfort, patients who choose to wear dentures for full tooth restoration can enjoy a natural-looking smile restoration.
Implant-Retained Dentures: Permanence Redefined
Say goodbye to denture adhesives! For a secure and permanent denture solution, our Charlotte dental implant specialist offers implant-supported dentures. Anchored to your mouth with dental implants, denture wearers can enjoy stability without the need for removal during cleanings or overnight soaking.
Benefits of Dentures
There are several benefits to choosing dentures to replace missing teeth, including:
- Aesthetic Restoration: Dentures enhance your smile’s natural appearance, boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
- Functional Improvement: Regain the ability to enjoy your favorite foods and speak clearly, enhancing your overall quality of life.
- Preventive Measure: Partial dentures prevent the shifting of remaining teeth, maintaining proper dental alignment.
- Convenience: Full dentures offer a convenient and affordable solution for comprehensive smile restoration.
- Permanent Stability: Implant-retained dentures provide a permanent tooth loss solution, ensuring a stable fit without the need for removal.
Candidacy for Dentures
Determining whether you are a suitable candidate for dentures involves a comprehensive assessment of your oral health. Our skilled team, led by Dr. Steven Yang, evaluates various factors to determine candidacy.
- Extent of Tooth Loss: Dentures are versatile and cater to various degrees of tooth loss. Whether you are missing a few teeth or an entire arch, there’s a denture solution for you.
- Gum and Jaw Health: Healthy gums and a strong jawbone are crucial for denture support. Our team examines the condition of your gums and jaw to ensure they can provide adequate stability for the chosen denture type.
- Overall Oral Health: Existing dental issues, such as decay or infection, may need addressing before denture placement. Dr. Yang will assess and address any underlying oral health concerns for optimal results.
- Patient Preferences and Lifestyle: Understanding your lifestyle and preferences is key. Whether you prefer the convenience of full dentures or the stability of implant-retained dentures, we tailor our recommendations to suit your needs.
Determining Which Denture Type is Best for You
Choosing the right denture type is a crucial step in achieving optimal oral health and aesthetics. At Capstone Dental, we offer personalized guidance to help you make an informed decision.
- Degree of Tooth Loss: Partial dentures suit those with minimal tooth loss, while full dentures cater to complete tooth loss in an arch. Implant-retained dentures provide a stable solution for those seeking a more permanent option.
- Budgetary Considerations: Our team works with you to find a denture solution that fits your budget. We offer various financing options, including interest-free plans and an in-house dental savings plan.
- Aesthetic Preferences: Your desired look matters. Full dentures provide a natural appearance, while implant-retained dentures offer stability and mimic natural teeth more closely.
- Lifestyle Factors: Consider your daily routine and habits. Implant-retained dentures, for instance, require minimal special maintenance, resembling the care of natural teeth.
Caring for Dentures
- Remove and Rinse: After eating, remove dentures and rinse them to eliminate food particles and debris.
- Oral Hygiene: Clean your mouth after denture removal to maintain overall oral hygiene.
- Daily Brushing: Brush your dentures daily to remove plaque and prevent staining.
- Overnight Soaking: Allow your dentures to soak overnight in a denture cleaner or water to maintain their shape.
- Regular Checkups: Schedule routine dental checkups with Dr. Yang for professional assessment and adjustments.